Sunday, June 27, 2021

Beau of the Fifth Column - Appearances are Deceiving

 

June 27, 2021

Greetings Friends,

Let's talk about Beau of the Fifth Column….

A little preface:   While researching the political scene in 2020, looking up politics, civil rights, BLM, gun violence, and of course T**** and his crime syndicate that raped and plundered our democracy for four years, I found a wide range of information on YouTube spanning the whole array of issues from every point of view, far left, far right, and everything in between. As I watched a police officer murder George Floyd, I knew it would touch off violence all over the country, just as it had so many times before, and I dreaded how the racist, soulless T**** administration would react to even peaceful protestors after witnessing his acceptance of neo-Nazis and Klan members earlier during his rule. Appalled at the stand the conservative right (I'm being polite, I usually have less complimentary names for the racist hate-mongers, which is also being polite.) represented on every single issue, I leaned left. I tried to stay objective and fair, but early on realized there was little if anything the GOP had to offer that I could defend – most of their blatant, criminal behavior was completely unspeakable, certainly un-American, much of it nothing short of insane.

But I digress. I found solace in the sane voices of Elizabeth Warren, Former President Obama, Joe Biden, AOC, Jake Tapper, Dan Rather, Sarah Kendzior, David Cay Johnston, Craig Unger, The View, Stephen King, and entertainers like Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Randy Rainbow, Ron Perlman, Robert Di Nero, Alyssa Milano, and many other voices of sanity who, though it was impossible to extinguish the burning ache in the pit of my belly during four years of hell, at least let me know that I was not the only American being gaslit by the psychopaths in control.

Every time I pulled up liberal politicians, journalists, or entertainers on YouTube, this icon of a heavily bearded, baseball-hat-bedecked guy under the handle 'Beau of the Fifth Column' (@BeauOTF) kept popping up. I kept wondering why, with all the liberal-leaning folks I was accessing on YouTube, this redneck-looking guy kept appearing in my sidebar.

Finally, I thought to myself, "Okay, maybe this dude is more middle of the road, or at least has some intelligence," and in the spirit of objectivity I opened up one of his videos.

Before I was a third of the way through the video, I realized that as much as I consider myself open-minded, I'd judged a book by its cover, and shame, shame on me.

Beau of the Fifth Column, aka Justin King, from that very first video, has educated me, clarified, exposed, and reported on current and historical events in a calm and reasonable manner, and in five- to ten-minute videos (usually two per day) put most of my high school Social Studies courses to shame.

I consider myself a moderate liberal (there is only one issue I lean conservative on, which is another blog).

Beau is a liberal, describing himself as an adversarial journalist – which is accurate.

I learned a lot from Beau over the past 18 months, but the most valuable lesson is that the way to sift through all the propaganda and politics to unearth the truth: When you're reading or watching news, absorb it as a human being – not as an American, black person, white person, man, woman, male, female, gay person, Democrat, Republican, rich person, poor person, liberal, conservative, professional person, unemployed person, or religious person. Just as a human being considering how the issue will impact neighbors, animals, and the earth. If it breathes, it hurts – just like me. Treat every living being with compassion and generosity, and respect the earth which sustains every living thing.

If you start listening with that kind of mindfulness, with genuine concern about living beings, and the earth, instead of just profit margins and political talking points, you begin to understand how much nonsense we're force fed every single day by the government and media that feeds off of it.

In the midst of a decent community, struggling to thrive despite a corrupt, thieving, elitest government, Beau is a voice of reason who leads the way through the myriad of distractions slung in our faces every time we power up a communication device. He reminds us with every broadcast that we have minds that need to be opened, expanded, and are capable of critical thinking necessary to sift through the lies, and hearts that beat strong leading us to embrace everyone in our community – everyone – and share equally our bounties as well as our scarcities – and when members of our government betray our trust, we have the power to work in our communities and come up with solutions for ourselves. If we work together in our neighborhoods, cities, counties, states – we can create our own changes and build our own futures. We all should have each other's backs.

Beau reminds anyone viewing his channel that just by listening – really listening – to people we find out that there are no others – there is just us: people trying to raise our children and maybe leave our little smidgen of the world in better shape than we found it. That the ripple effect is real – your every action has an impact, has consequence, not only for you, but for your family, neighbors, and planet.

Beau, with his every broadcast, reminds us of that. All people with open minds and hearts should be listening. More importantly, all people who've been misled and gaslit by propaganda and lies, whose hearts have hardened against their neighbors and who have forgotten what's really important in life should be listening. Because we all need reminders – Beau brings us a couple a day – every day – on his channels and website.

Links and quotes: 

Beau of the Fifth Column (main YouTube channel)

The Roads with Beau (Second YouTube channel)

https://justinking.org

www.facebook.com/beautfc  (Facebook)

@BeauOTF   (Twitter)

TheFifthColumnNews.com (Journalism outlet)

PontiacTribune.com

GreedMedia.com

SleeperCells.US

 

Quotes that appear on his web page: 

"The capital of the United States is the home to the best of the worst humanity has to offer. The most corrupt, the most deceitful, the most tyrannical, the most greedy, and the most evil rise through the ranks of the political machines and eventually find themselves safely in bed participating in the incestuous orgy of corruption occurring daily in Washington DC." – Justin King

 

"If you allow the law to determine your morality, you are letting lawyers and politicians teach you right from wrong." – Justin King.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment