Thursday, April 28, 2022

Ugh! I'm vacillating again!

Hi Friends, 

I have a poetry book I'm getting ready to release. It's edited; I'm working on the cover for which I'm doing the artwork (freehand instead of Pixlr for the first time). 

Here's the thing. I was going to have it be a poetry journal for 2021. Then I came across a mess of poems I wrote in the 1970s when I was a teenager. On a lark, I thought I'd put them in and call the book Then and Now. As I edited them though, I realized how much many of them kind of suck. But they are a bit like a memoir, and also remind me how far I've come in the last few decades - especially where my writing is concerned. 

Perhaps I'll include them with a warning to readers that suckiness pervades in the first part of the book...

But then, I don't want readers to have to dredge through a lot of crap in the first part of the book, and lose interest. Perhaps I'll call the book Now and Then and put the teenage stuff in the back... Hmmmm....

See? Vacillating. 

Ugh! 

Maybe I'll just flip a coin. 

Thoughts from readers?  What do you guys think?  

Thanks for reading!

Ter


No comments:

Post a Comment